Wessex Resins and Adhesives has announced the line-up of guest speakers for its ‘in conversation with’ day at Southampton International Boat Show 2019.
Taking place on Tuesday 17th September (Stand J401, Ocean Hall) the afternoon conversations with industry experts include:
- Spirit of sustainability with Nigel Stuart (13:15)
Nigel, MD Spirit Yachts, examines sustainability in the marine world and why his company chooses products manufactured by Wessex Resins and Adhesives.
- The Lightweight Winner with Simon Maguire (13:45)
Simon, owner Maguire Boats, gives a unique insight into the design of the lightweight, multiple title winning, Exocet Moth using PRO-SET® epoxy.
- Flying High with James Newman (14:15)
James, director J-TEC Composites, discusses the incredible projects he makes with PRO-SET epoxy and his experiences in the aviation industry.
- Table Top Talks with Hamish Cook (14:45)
Hamish, from Wessex Resins and Adhesives, offers a fascinating insight into crafting artisan tables and other projects with ENTROPY RESINS®.
- Building boats with precision, and passion with Will Reed (15:15)
Will, Principal of the Boat Building Academy, talks about his years of experience teaching the finest levels of craftsmanship to students, and why WEST SYSTEM® epoxy is so important to boat repair and maintenance.
Plus, in the morning there’s:
- Rowing the Atlantic with Adam Bundle (11:30)
Adam, a Watch Manager at St Mary’s Fire Station, is rowing the Atlantic Ocean to raise money for the Solent Mind & The Firefighters Charity.
Each of the industry experts will be in conversation with David Johnson, sales director for Wessex Resins and Adhesives, who says: “We are really pleased with our speaker line-up. There’s something of interest for everyone and this is a testament to how well the products we make are respected across the marine industry. Visitors to any of the conversations will hear how we support the marine market, whether that’s with repair kits for dinghy sailors, or being involved from start to finish on the building of the most well-known marine projects.”
On other days during the show, the Wessex Resins and Adhesives stand will be packed full of technical experts offering top tips and project advice about using epoxy products; from WEST SYSTEM Epoxy, the original marine grade epoxy, to PRO-SET epoxies for composite work and also bio-based ENTROPY RESINS.
In addition, there are daily demos running.
- Mini Pack Demo30 daily (except Tuesday)
Learn about two step bonding, filleting, sheathing, peel ply and more. Simple techniques to help with repairs and restoration.
- Specialist Epoxy Demo 14:30 daily (except Tuesday)
Find out all about WEST SYSTEM specialist epoxy products such as G5, Six10, G/flex, 650 and 655 epoxies and more. These products work brilliantly on glass fibre hulls and provide excellent effective long-lasting solutions to almost any repair scenario.
All the events hosted by Wessex Resins and Adhesives (Stand J401, Ocean Hall) are free to attend. Plus, the expert technical team is on hand to discuss any build, repair or maintenance projects being undertaken and offer advice.
Follow Wessex Resins and Adhesives on social media @WessexResins to find out more about products, inspiring projects and more.
Notes to Editors:
High res images are available online www.maa.agency/media-centre
- Wessex Resins and Adhesives has been developing and manufacturing high-quality epoxy products since 1981.
- Wessex Resins and Adhesives manufactures and supplies ENTROPY RESINS, WEST SYSTEM and PRO-SET epoxy from its head office in Romsey, Hampshire. All three brands are manufactured under licence from Gougeon Brothers, Inc.
- Wessex Resins and Adhesives products are trusted for a wide variety of specialist applications. These range from adhesives that can be applied and cured underwater, to our flooring adhesives, which include a specialist epoxy which has low smoke and low toxicity characteristics in the event of a fire.
- Since Michigan boatbuilding brothers Meade, Joel and Jan Gougeon first experimented with the bonding power of epoxy over 50 years ago, the WEST SYSTEM and PRO-SET product ranges have become the epoxies of choice for private boat owners, boat manufacturers, chandlers and naval engineers throughout the world.
- Wessex Resins and Adhesives has been working in partnership with Gougeon Brothers, Inc. for more than 36 years, manufacturing WEST SYSTEM and PRO-SET epoxies as well as ENTROPY RESINS here in the UK.
MAA – Zella Compton, email@example.com 023 9252 2044
Wessex Resins and Adhesives – Sam Oliver, firstname.lastname@example.org 01794 521 111